If a student is unable to attend school, a parent should phone before first period. The phone number is 1-877-409-6310 or report an absence online at

Illness/Family Emergency

Students should find a “buddy” in each class who will pass on the class notes, identify pages covered etc. during the lesson missed. Your student and their buddy should exchange phone numbers early each semester.

If it becomes apparent that the student will be absent for more than 3 days, please contact the Guidance Office (905-845-2875 ext. 331) to request that teachers put together homework assignments for the student to pick up. Please allow 24 hours for this process.

Leave of Absence

If you are planning to take your student out of school for a period of 3 days or more (eg. family vacation, special event), please notify a vice principal. The student will need to complete a Leave of Absence form which will include a parent/guardian signature and teacher comments about missed work. Contract the main office for the Leave of Absence form.

If your child is involved in regularly scheduled activities which take place during school hours (eg. national team players, professional musicians) you should contact Guidance to discuss our Extra Step Program.

Absence due to field trip or extra curricular event

It is the responsibility of the student to notify teachers in advance of missing a class for extra or co-curricular activities. Students are expected to catch up on work/ assignments missed.

Signing Out

If students arrive late to school or leave the school part way through the day, they are expected to sign in and/or out through the office. A note from the parent/guardian or a phone call is required.

HDSB Online Student Information System

Parents/Guardians of students under the age of 18 can access daily attendance data and credit accumulation information for their student without first having to contact their high school through the Halton District School Board Online Student Information System.

In order to access the information, parents need the student’s OEN Number and date of birth. Attendance information may be accessed mid September onward. Please note if a student is 18 years of age or older, information will not be available on this website.

Access to Student Records

The school often receives requests from non-custodial parents for information with regards to their child. Be advised that unless the school is provided with documentation restricting the non-custodial parent’s right to access the child or school information, we interpret that there are no restrictions and will provide access as requested. If you have any questions, please contact a school administrator.